DAC Chip: Conexant (Synaptics) CX31993 (Single)
PCM 32bit – 384khz, SNR: -117dB, Power: Unspecified, USB Type-C Male, 3.5mm SE (Microphone: YES), 5g, Aluminum Chassis, NO Cable.
Listening Equipment: Etymotic ER4SR, Kinera Idun Golden, Tripowin Olina, FOSTEX T40RP MK3, Shure KSE1500 & Beyerdynamic DT880 600 Ohm
LISTENING EQUIPMENT USED IMPARTED HUGE INFLUENCE TO SOUND IMPRESSIONS & RATING
- Clean neutral and natural timbre
- Great coherent dynamics
- Great Treble textures and extensions with polished smooth decays
- Strong Mid-Bass responses, richly textured density and decays
- Neutral Mids slightly intimate, richly textured and smooth.
- Mild Sub-Bass with smooth decays
- Crisp details retrieval, highly transparent
- Realistic toned guitars, cello, percussions, and piano
- Great speed and transients handling, amazing dexterity
- Properly sized soundstage, commendably holographic spatial imaging
- Clean separation of layers with precise placement
- Great synergy with many type of IEMs/HPs/Earbuds
- Great on poor quality recordings and Lo-Fi music despite being very transparent
- Great sibilance resistance all the time
- Clean black background even on sensitive Hybrids (CVJ CSK)
- Efficient battery drain
- Being this cheap, there’s potential QC issue and consistencies. As with many cheap Chifi items
- No mechanical volume adjuster
- No Balanced Output
- Construction and build appearance seems less durable
- Needed 90/100 volume for normal loudness on T40RP MK3
- Driving power not as great as others, need higher volume on demanding pairing
JCally JA3. It’s very simple, this is a JCally JM6 without a cable attached to it. Otherwise it is identical internally to JM6 and CX-Pro 31993. And of course despite being direct mount, it sounded exactly like JCally JM6. A great option for those preferring super compact Dongle (which are quite limited even now).
Best Pairing: Anything below 160Ω or above 98db sensitivity.
Back to #donglemadness