DAC Chip: Conexant CX21986 (Single)
PCM 24bit-96khz, SNR: -95db, Power: Unspecified, 3.5mm SE (Microphone: Yes), Metal Chassis & SPC Cable
LISTENING EQUIPMENT USED IMPARTED HUGE INFLUENCE TO SOUND IMPRESSIONS & RATING
- Clear crisp neutral flat timbre with uncolored tonality
- Well controlled dynamics, full bodied with smooth airy presentation
- Great well nuanced Micro and Macro details
- Balanced Mids with smooth textures and definition, natural toned Male/Female vocals
- Smooth Treble with crisp decays, great extensions
- Smooth Mid-Bass, tight, fast with crisp decays
- Sub-Bass exhibited audible seismic response with mild decays.
- Crisp and vivid guitars, piano, percussions (chimes, bells) and drums and taps
- Decently wide soundstage width with good depth and placement
- Great holographic spatial imaging with proper placement/layers
- Amazing speed and dexterity on complex passages and transients
- Super clean background, zero floor noises
- Clean layers and well-defined separation lines
- Drives Magnetic Planars and BA at 75/100 volume for normal listening level.
- Excellent synergy with DD and BA (below 50Ω)
- Great for marathon listening sessions, as it would not induce fatigue.
- Driving power is just about enough for demanding IEMs/Headphones.
- Spatial imaging not razor sharp enough compared to the top contenders.
- Being analogue sounding, transparency sacrificed a tiny bit.
- Less likely to synergize well with magnetic planars.
- No volume adjuster
- Cable a bit too long (the longest unit so far)
JSAUX Type-C. This thing sounds great for the money. It offers balanced neutral timbre with solid dynamics and healthy amount of airy presentation with refined smoothness. A bit less edgy because it is tilted towards organic and analogue sound, in fact I am liking it a lot because it sounded this way. This JSAUX pairs perfectly with an already technically competent IEMs/Headphones and will NOT sound the best with an already warm or slow types. If you have an Etymotic ER series, Etymotic EVO, Shure KSE1500, Heart Mirror, KBEAR NEON, TRN-MT1, QKZ VK4, BLON BL-Mini or anything within that nature, this JSAUX will sound great and satisfying. However, may not sound the best with Magnetic Planars or DT990 – and this can totally be forgiven considering that no sane person should expect a $6 USB DAC/Amp to drive those beasts any which way you look at it. Nonetheless, my Tin HiFi P1 and Monolith M565c still sounded decent enough for casual entertainment at volume 75/100. I am giving this one a very high rating over 90 purely because it synergizes insanely great with my ER4SR and ER2XR…..and not forgetting it cost just $6, cheaper than a pair of our IEM tips.
PS: Also available in Lightning version for iOS
Best Pairing: Technically competent IEMs between 8 to 75Ω
Back to #donglemadness