DAC Chip: Realtek ALC5686 (Single)
PCM 24bit – 384khz, SNR: -125dB, Power: 65mW 32Ω, USB Type-C Male, 3.5mm SE (Microphone: Yes), 12mm, 6g, Aluminum Chassis with SPC Cable
LISTENING EQUIPMENT USED IMPARTED HUGE INFLUENCE TO SOUND IMPRESSIONS & RATING
- Neutral smooth timbre with Mids focus, smooth
- Vibrant dynamics, fun and groovy, very musical
- Neat Treble textures with sweet decays, velvety airiness
- Commanding Mid-Bass with great textures, great extensions, and decay
- Sub-Bass exhibit decent texture definition, Mids as well
- Forward, and lush male/female vocals, good depth
- Great micro details retrieval, nicely nuanced
- Realistic Piano, Violin, Sax and Cello attack and tones
- Realistic mild edged guitars and stringed instruments tone
- Sweet percussion tone, chimes and bells sounded vivid.
- Stellar speed and attack handling, 250BPM effortlessly, no congestion
- Impressive sibilance resistance all the time
- Good imaging, not razor sharp but spatial projection is holographic.
- Excellent black background with zero floor noise
- Stellar adaptability to warm or bright IEMs/Headphones
- Able to drive 69Ω 96db Magnetic Planar with ease! (80/100)
- PERFECT for EBM and Pop music
- Not as powerful – limited up to 70Ω for full fidelity.
- Slight coarseness in the extreme extensions of Treble
- Lacking a bit of transparency to make it genuinely great unit.
- Less forgiving on Lo-Fi recordings, can exhibit some harshness.
- Not an outright technical sounding unit
- Soundstage narrower than ideal
JCally JM04Pro. I am surprised! This thing is nothing like the non pro JA04 version. I daresay I like this JM04Pro better than JM20 and CS-Pro 46L41! What makes this JM04Pro great in my POV is the fact it offered the quality of JM20 minus the sheen and glare to the tone that could make intensive listening session fatiguing. In fact, this JM04Pro is sniffing at Lotoo PAW S1/A&K PEE51 territory with its smoothness and musical expression. Yes, it is not as sparkly as JM20, but this also mean it is not as dry analytical as the former – to me it is a BIG plus!. Yes, I know you may think I have lost my mind, what insanity is this to say a $12 Realtek sniffing S1/PEE51 territory? I am just describing what I hear – I harbor no biasedness towards anything, and I love what I heard. IF this JM04Pro would only offer a bit more sharpness and technical competency, a bit more soundstage width and depth, a little more razor-edged imaging, some more driving power up to 150Ω, I say it would probably equal S1 and PEE51. I will no longer recommend JM20, not after hearing JM04Pro which cost half the price of JM20 now.
Best Pairing: Technically adept IEMs/Headphones up to 70Ω
Back to #donglemadness