DAC Chip: Apple MFi C101 (Single)
PCM 48kHz, SNR: Undisclosed, Power: 1 Vrms Adaptive, iOS Lightning, 3.5mm SE (Microphone: YES), Metal Chassis & 18cm SPC Cable
Listening Equipment: Etymotic ER4SR, HZSOUND Heart Mirror, Moondrop Aria, FOSTEX T40RP MK3. Source: USB 2.0 iPhone 7
LISTENING EQUIPMENT USED IMPARTED HUGE INFLUENCE TO SOUND IMPRESSIONS & RATING
- Clear crisp warm neutral flat timbre
- Well controlled dynamics, full bodied with smooth airy presentation
- Good Micro and Macro details retrieval, very transparent
- Balanced Mids with detailed textures and definition, natural toned Male/Female vocals
- Sparkly Treble with crisp decays, great extensions
- Smooth Mid-Bass, tight, fast with crisp decays
- Sub-Bass exhibited audible seismic response with mild decays.
- Crisp and vivid guitars, piano, percussions (chimes, bells) and drums and taps
- Well-rounded soundstage width with good depth and placement
- Great holographic spatial imaging with sharp precise placement/layers
- Amazing speed and dexterity on complex passages and transients
- Super clean background, zero floor noises
- Clean layers and well-defined separation lines
- Drives Magnetic Planars and BA at 80/100 volume, Enjoyable output.
- Excellent synergy with DD and BA
- Forgiving on Lo-Fi and lower quality sources
- Driving power for great fidelity maxed out below 100Ω and with no less than 95db sensitivity.
- No volume adjuster
- 18cm in length can be disturbing to look at 🙂
JSAUX iOS MFi. Honestly this is another great implementation of the original MFi certified Apple C101 DAC chip, so it sounded and behave exactly similar to JCally JM08L and UGREEN iOS MFi – the other 2 iOS dongles that I have tested earlier. Stringent Apple MFi certification ensured that they are consistent and precise on the standards offered to consumers.
This JSAUX unit I regard as warm neutral in terms of timbre and tonality. It has that very analogue sounding Mids that is smooth and well textured. Bass and Treble are well balanced to not sound unnatural.
Paired with Moondrop Aria, the warm neutral characteristics of this JSAUX unit will make a basshead smile. Bass responses wholesome and rich, fast and vibrant with rumbles, but not overwhelming or bleeding into other sections. Absolutely enjoyable playing EBM and Modern music. Massive Attack “Angel” and Hans Zimmer “Mombasa” totally shaking it with this combo.
With HSZOUND Heart Mirror, a more balanced output with further tightening of Bass and a bit more pronounced Highs that remained smooth and non fatiguing. Absolutely amazing for Rock/Metal/Instrumental and Indie music. I personally prefer this presentation. Switching to my Etymotic ER4SR, similar sonic performance with even faster responses from the venerable BA, perhaps less airy as compared to Heart Mirror but in return there’s more pronounced details and resolution with even sharper imaging and separation.
Having said that, I thoroughly enjoy this clean sounding unit just as similarly I enjoyed the other two iOS MFi Dongles of JM08L and UGREEN MFi. In fact, you can blindfold me and I bet all of my money I would not be able to tell the difference. It is super versatile for efficient IEMs and Headphones, not so impressive with the demanding ones as the overall sound tend to be a bit timid driving those monsters. Totally acceptable for a budget oriented Dongle.
Best Pairing: Flexible for anything less demanding under 100Ω
Back to #donglemadness